Simply Soft (acrylic worsted) ? I used watermelon*
Yarn needle for weaving ends
Ch = chain
Sc= single crochet
Hdc = half-double crochet
Dc= double crochet
Slst = slip stitch
Sizes: 2T (3T, 4T, 5, 6)
Notes: This pattern has been made with Cotton-Ease, using only ? skein for the
size 5, and worsted weight yarn, using roughly 2 oz for the size 2.
Ch 16 (18, 20, 22, 24) Row 1: hdc in 2nd ch from hook & each ch across. Ch 2, turn.
Row 2: 2hdc in first ch from hook. Hdc in each stitch across, to last ch. 2hdc in last stitch. Ch 2, turn.
Row 3: hdc in each stitch across. Ch 2, turn.
Repeat rows 2 & 3 to desired length, with last row being Row 3.
Do NOT finish off.
The rest of the instructions will be stated as STEPS, instead of rows, to avoid
- Step 1: Ch 56 (56, 60, 60, 66), turn. Slst across in each chain. Slst into bottom row (first tie complete) Work sc along the edge of hdc rows, up to row 1.
- Step 2: ch 56 (56, 60, 60, 66), turn. Slst down each chain, slst into top row (second tie complete) Work sc along top of beginning chain.
- Step 3: ch 56 (56, 60, 60, 66), turn. Slst down each chain, slst into top row (third tie complete) Work sc down edge of hdc rows, down to last hdc row.
- Step 4: ch 56 (56, 60, 60, 66), turn. Slst down each chain, slst into 1st hdc in bottom row (fourth tie complete).
- Step 5: In the first hdc, *work 5 dc , skip next hdc, sc in next 2 hdc. Repeat from * across, ending with a slst in the last hdc.
Finish off. Leave long enough tail to weave.